Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
- As called
Staff LiaisonJacqueline Renteria, City Clerk
818 E. Edison Ave.
Sunnyside, WA 98944
Ph: (509) 836-6310
Fx: (509) 837-3268
- Chair Councilor Broersma, December 31, 2020
- Vice Chair Amy Rubio (A&A Promotions) - Tax Utilizing Agency, June 30, 2022
- Martin Beeler - Lodging, June 30, 2022
- Tom Denlea - Lodging, December 31, 2020
- Lindsee Curfman (Sunnyside Rotary Club) - Tax Utilizing Agency, June 30, 2023
The committee is comprised of:
- Review grant applications, requests for proposals, and make recommendations to the City Council regarding allocation of local lodging tax funds in accordance with RCW 67.28.1817 and Sunnyside Municipal Code 2.50.120.
- Review and comment on any proposed imposition of lodging tax, increase in the rate of lodging tax, repeal of an exemption from lodging tax, or change in the use of revenue received from lodging tax (RCW 67.28.1817).
Request for Proposals
The City of Sunnyside Lodging Tax Advisory Committee is soliciting written proposals for the use of lodging fund dollars to develop, promote, and/or enhance tourism in the City of Sunnyside. Applicants must submit seven copies of the proposal response in a sealed envelope no later than WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 19, 2020 at 4 PM to the City Clerk’s Office.
RFP application materials are available at City Hall, 818 E. Edison Avenue, Sunnyside, WA 98944 or below:
2021 CINCO DE MAYO FESTIVAL LODGING TAX APPLICATION
2021 SUNSHINE DAYS
2021 LIGHTED FARM IMPLEMENT PARADE
2021 GENERAL LODGING TAX APPLICATION