Sunnyside Historical Museum
704 S. 4th St.
Ph: (509) 837-6010
Saturday & Sunday
11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Located downtown, the museum houses and displays artifacts and documents with a focus on daily life in Sunnyside during its early years. The building housing the museum was donated to the city by the family of Walter C. Ball & Sons, the local undertaking business which was also among the pioneering families that founded Sunnyside.
The Sunnyside Memorial Cemetery, founded by the Ball Family, is located north of town. The lone structure at that location was designed by Percy Ball to resemble Chingford Church in Walthamstow, England where Walter C. Ball and his wife Amelia grew up together. This building was used to house the retort for cremations until it fell into disrepair. The family plots of the Ball family are located on the east side of the structure.
Admission to the museum is free.
Please call Cis Kennard at (360) 739-1494 for information on group tours.