Candidate filing week is May 15-19, 2023
Declarations of candidacy are accepted at the Yakima County Elections Office by mail, online, or in person until 4 PM on May 19, 2023.
- be a registered voter in the district for which you are filing
- pay with Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
- provide a valid email address
- submit your filing by 4 PM on Friday, May 19, 2023
For more information or to see which candidates have filed please visit the Yakima County Elections Office website.
Positions up for election:
- Campaign signs must comply with the size limitations specified in the temporary signs section of the city code (SMC 15.36.060)
- Campaign signs can be placed on private property with the permission of the property owner.
- Campaign signs within the parking strip portion of the right-of-way generally require the consent of the abutting property owner.
- Campaign signs can be placed on some public right-of-way such as traffic islands and isolated parking strips or roadside areas, as long as there is no line of sight problem, traffic safety issue or maintenance issue (e.g. damage to irrigation lines) created by the placement of the signs. Signs cannot exceed 40 inches in height for site distance.
- City staff asks that all campaign signs be removed within 15 days of the time that the intended use ceases to exist.