Your Community Needs You!!
Volunteer firefighters are community heroes! That hero can be YOU! Volunteer Firefighters make invaluable contributions to their community by going above and beyond to help others. The role of a volunteer firefighter is equally as demanding as it is rewarding! Be a part of the team and JOIN SUNNYSIDE FIRE as a Volunteer Firefighter.
Requirements Prior to Hire:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Complete and submit an application.
- Have a current, Valid Driver’s License.
- Pass a background check and driver screening.
- Pass a drug screen.
- Complete medical examination.
Expectations upon Hire:
- Successfully complete a 12-week Fire Academy Course.
- IPSAC FF1 Certification or verification of certified outside academy/training may substitute.
- Includes Advanced First Aid Training.
- Successfully completed SFD Emergency Vehicle Incident Prevention (EVIP) training and driving course.
- Attend all mandatory drills and training.
- Typically, over on Wednesday nights from 7 to 9.
- Participate in 2 shifts a month (10, 14, or 24-hour shifts).
- Response to General Alarms is highly encouraged!
- Emergency Medical Technician course/certification encouraged!
- Be a productive member of our progressive team!
While the role of a firefighter is arguably the most rewarding position in the world, the demands of the position make it not for everyone. Sunnyside Fire is looking for enthusiastic individuals who are not afraid to take on challenges, work hard, and wear super cool hats!
If you think this may be for you, Contact Volunteer Coordinator Alan Van Beek at (509-837-3999 or at email@example.com To learn more visit the City of Sunnyside’s website Fire & Ambulance Services and double click Recruits.
Also, feel free to download the QR Code and submit your application to be a Volunteer Firefighter on the city website. Send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support.